In response to a Le Monde headline hollering Les Français sont parmi les plus sensibilisés à la question du réchauffement, a few Le Monde readers send out a few pointers:
De fait les Français sont parmi les plus influencés par le matraquage des médias, particulièrement TV et Internet. …Meanwhile, Don Surber sums up the whole affair pretty neatly (merci à Larwyn):
Etant donné le matraquage éhonté auxquels ils sont soumis, il n'est pas surprenant que les français soient "parmi les plus sensibilisés".
La propagande écolo marche à plein régime ...
La France pratique l'omerta et la désinformation systématique sur le RCA. Les critiques sont traités de négationnistes. Les travaux récents de scientifiques non liés au GIEC ne sont jamais cités, car ils remetten en caus le pardigme du RCA. Et nous nous disons héritiers du siècle des Lumières ? Ne serions-nous pas plutôt ceux de l'Inquisition et de la Pensée Unique ?....
They called us Global Warming Holocaust Deniers — sneered at us, snarked at us, and snubbed us.
None of them bothered to read “The Emperor’s New Clothes.”
I have no time for paybacks or saying I told you so.
But pay attention to why they fell for this billion-dollar hoax which almost became a trillion-dollar tragedy.
1. The pseudo-intellectuals fell for it because none of them ever cracked a science book.
2. The policy wonks fell for it because it gave the government more control.
3. The bleeding hearts fell for it because they always want to save the Earth.
4. The communists fell for it because it portrayed capitalists as destroying the Earth to make money.
5. The capitalists fell for it because they saw a new way to make money.
6. The Hollywood crowd fell for it because it made their pampered lives seem to have a meaning and purpose.
7. The newspapers fell for it because it was new.
8. The teachers fell for it because it was a new thing to teach the children to teach their parents.
9. The children fell for it because they wanted to show how well they are doing in school.
10. The parents fell for it because they wanted their children were doing so well in school and they wanted to be supportive.
11. The utility companies fell or it because they can raise rates.
12. The Nobel Peace Prize committee fell for it because Al Gore should have won in 2000.
13. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences fell for it because Al Gore should have won in 2000.
14. The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (Grammys) fell for it because Al Gore should have won in 2000.
15. The 30,000 scientists fell for it because while it was not in their field of study, they wanted to be supportive of science.
The only people who didn’t fall for it were we mouth-breathing, Bible-thumping, beer-guzzling, cousin-humping, baby-bumping, overfed, inbred, illiterate, gun-clinging, buck-toothed, trailer-park-living, truck-driving, ATV riding, Wal-mart shopping, knuckle-dragging, military-supporting, ain’t-recycling, patriotic, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist, racist hillbillies with cooties.